- TimeMachiner collects only the information you provide when subscribing to a newsletter and/or purchasing a membership. Newsletter information (containing your email address, IP address, and delivery preferences) is stored on TimeMachiner. All membership information (including payments) is stored over on Memberful and/or Stripe.
- We don't sell or provide any data about anyone in any way to anyone, aside from the core functionality needed to run the site, newsletter, and memberships.
- Basic information such as email opens & clicks, and pages visited on TimeMachiner.io may be collected in order to help improve TimeMachiner. Unless absolutely necessary, data is housed exclusively on TimeMachiner's servers.
- Except where clearly stated, newsletters contain no 3rd party: tracking data, pixel trackers, analytics, tags, nasty Facebook tracking, or anything else. Any data collected is processed and stored here. No nonsense.
- Membership data is retained and deleted according to Memberful's policies. Newsletter data is deleted no more than 6-months after unsubscribing. You can request manual deletion of your Newsletter data by sending a message via TimeMachiner's Contact page.
- If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please use the Contact page to send an email. I will be happy to respond.
Who we are
Personal Information Collection
TimeMachiner may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
At TimeMachiner.io if you sign up to receive emails, you provide your email address. That and your IP address (for spam control) is the only information we have for you and all we need to operate TimeMachiner.io (“Website”) and the TimeMachiner Newsletters (“Newsletter”).
We use third third-party vendors, identified below, to help with the delivery of the Content, logging email and site interactions to help improve TimeMachiner, and processing of your payment. We never see your full credit card number, which is handled through Stripe.
When you log in as a member, we and or our membership partner will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. This is to provide access to content available to paying members. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Simply put: nobody who does not need it for TimeMachiner to function.
TimeMachiner does not send or sell any data to any 3rd party service unless absolutely necessary. Newsletter information is stored on TimeMachiner's servers and not handed over to any service. Membership is exclusively handled by the membership provider and TimeMachiner only has a copy of basic information given to that company upon membership enrollment. Credit Card information is not stored whatsoever on TimeMachiner's servers and only resides within the membership provider's secure system. Data IS shared with companies providing services in which subscribers opt-in to providing feedback about the TimeMachiner (Splitbee, for example).
3rd-party Service Providers
In addition, TimeMachiner uses the following 3rd-party service providers for certain content served on TimeMachiner.io. When possible, the data is processed on TimeMachiner's servers and not shared. By using TimeMachiner you are accessing these services.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (for Newsletters or Membership), we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. Credit card information is only stored with the Membership provider. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. This information is stored for as long as a subscription or membership is active. Please refer to the Membership Provider's policies for data retention. Newsletter data provided during signup is retained for no more than 6-months after unsubscribing. Inactive subscribers may send a message via the Contact page requesting a manual deletion of all information provided during Newsletter signup.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Please refer to the Membership Provider's policies for data retention and requesting data deletion. Inactive Newsletter subscribers may send a message via the Contact page requesting a manual deletion of all information provided during Newsletter signup.
Where we send your data
Visitor registrations and/or logins may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Updating This Statement
Last Updated: 6/17/21